JOB DESCRIPTION: COMMUNICATIONS FELLOW
THE JOB: ProgressNow Arizona is hiring a paid four-month Communications Fellow to join our team. As a fellow, you’ll be an integral part of our passionate and dynamic team at the center of progressive politics in Arizona. You will see firsthand how we work as an innovative multi-issue advocacy organization, and gain a better understanding of long-term career opportunities in the communications and digital field.
THE CANDIDATE: We’re looking for a candidate who thrives in a fast paced, campaign-style atmosphere, and is eager to learn about progressive politics, social justice, and communications in Arizona. Our ideal candidate will take initiative, pay attention to detail, think "outside the box," and thrive working independently and on deadline.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The primary responsibility of the Communications Fellow will be helping us create content for campaigns on a wide range of issues. We are looking for someone who:
- Is an excellent writer, able to master new ideas quickly and turn them into concise, clear, and compelling written materials.
- OR Has an eye for design and is able to use software like Canva and PicMonkey, or professional tools like Photoshop, to create eye-catching graphics for websites and social media.
- OR Has videography skills and loves creating short videos, whether it’s with a smartphone or professional equipment or something in between.
Prior experience with politics, campaigns, organizing, or advocacy is helpful but NOT required.
OPTIONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Having any of the following is helpful, but NOT required:
- Professional experience in field or online organizing, political campaigns and/or public relations and marketing
- Ability to take great photos
- Knowledge of HTML or CSS and/or specific CMS systems like ActionKit and/or website editing platforms like Wordpress
- Bilingual in Spanish
START DATE: Ideally August 1, 2019, and lasting four months.
PAYMENT AND SCHEDULE: Pay starts at $15 per hour and the Fellow is expected to work 15-20 hours per week for four months. ProgressNow Arizona’s primary office hours are 9am-6pm MST so hours are ideally worked within that time frame, but the schedule is flexible and changes can often be accommodated.
HOW TO APPLY: Fill out the form here.
MORE ABOUT PROGRESSNOW ARIZONA
We’re a nonprofit 501(c)(4) communications and advocacy organization based in Phoenix, Arizona that works to help the progressive community tell its story. We fight year-round to counter right-wing attacks, hold elected officials accountable and promote progressive policy solutions through digital organizing and through offering messaging and communications support to partner organizations. We’re a small team (just three people), which means we’re able to be nimble, responsive, and flexible.