DIGITAL PROGRAM DIRECTOR
THE CANDIDATE: We are looking for a talented digital program director to join our team! We’re looking for someone who is creative, driven, and passionate about progressive politics and social justice. Our ideal candidate will excel at creating compelling, engaging content, be willing to experiment, and thrive working independently and on deadline.
THE ROLE: In this role, you’ll take the lead on running large-scale paid digital ad programs for Progress Arizona and some of our partners related to getting out the vote and flipping Arizona in 2020. You’ll be responsible for dreaming up new, exciting content, developing that content with the help of other staff and contractors, measuring its performance, and adjusting and iterating.
- Come up with new ideas for videos, graphics, and other content that move people and draw engagement
- Incorporate findings and data from public opinion research, field programs, ad tracking, and other sources into content development
- Work with designers and video producers to make content a reality, and work with digital ad buyers and vendors to turn content into paid ads, evaluate ad performance and adjust plans accordingly
- Manage a digital ad budget
- Work with partners to provide support related to their paid digital programs, including trouble-shooting and sharing learnings and ideas
- Proven ability to create compelling content and meet or exceed goals in terms of engagement, impressions, etc
- Creative thinker who delights in coming up with new ways to tell stories, move and persuade people
- Significant experience with running paid digital programs
- Commitment to progressive values
- Self-starter who is willing to take initiative, try new things and do what it takes to meet goals
- Previous experience with social movements and/or progressive organizing in Arizona is a plus but not required
This is a contract position that begins June 2020 and goes through December 31st, 2020.
Salary is variable depending on experience, starting at $4,500 a month. This position also includes health insurance, life insurance and 401(k).
Our team is based in Phoenix, Arizona. We are all currently working remotely given the public health situation. Preference is for someone based in Arizona, but we are very open to a remote working arrangement for the right candidate.
MORE ABOUT PROGRESSNOW ARIZONA
We’re a nonprofit 501(c)(4) communications and advocacy organization based in Phoenix, Arizona that works to help the progressive community tell its story. We fight year-round to counter right-wing attacks, hold elected officials accountable and promote progressive policy solutions through digital organizing and through offering messaging and communications support to partner organizations.