JOB DESCRIPTION: COMMUNICATIONS FELLOW
THE JOB: ProgressNow Arizona is hiring a paid four-month Communications Fellow to join our team. The Fellow will be an integral part of our passionate and dynamic team at the center of progressive politics in Arizona. You’ll gain meaningful experience in building campaigns and actions to mobilize activists. The Fellow will also see firsthand how we work as an innovative multi-issue advocacy organization and learn what professionalism looks like in the digital space.
THE CANDIDATE: We’re looking for a candidate who thrives in a fast paced, campaign-style atmosphere, and is eager to learn about progressive politics, social justice, and communications in Arizona. Our ideal candidate will take initiative, pay attention to detail, think "outside the box," and thrive working independently and on deadline.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The primary responsibility of the Communications Fellow will be helping us create content for campaigns on issues like education funding, voting rights, and more. As a result, we’re looking for someone who is either:
- An excellent writer, able to master new ideas and turn them into concise, clear, and compelling written materials
- AND/OR Someone with an eye for design who is able to use software (including cheap / free software like Canva and PicMonkey, or professional tools like Photoshop) to create eye-catching graphics
OPTIONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Having any of the following is helpful, but NOT required:
- Professional experience in field or online organizing, political campaigns and/or public relations and marketing
- Ability to take great photos
- Knowledge of HTML or CSS and/or specific CMS systems like ActionKit and/or website editing platforms like Wordpress
- Experience shooting and/or editing short videos
- Bilingual in Spanish and able to help with translation of written materials
START DATE: Ideally March 1, 2019, and lasting four months with the possibility for more based on performance.
PAYMENT AND SCHEDULE: Pay starts at $15 per hour and the Fellow is expected to work 15-20 hours per week for four months, with the possibility for more based on performance. ProgressNow Arizona’s primary office hours are 9am-6pm MST so hours are ideally worked within that time frame, but the schedule is flexible and changes can often be accommodated.
HOW TO APPLY: Fill out the form here.
MORE ABOUT PROGRESSNOW ARIZONA
We’re a nonprofit 501(c)(4) communications and advocacy organization based in Phoenix, Arizona that works to help the progressive community tell its story. We fight year-round to counter right-wing attacks, hold elected officials accountable and promote progressive policy solutions through digital organizing and through offering messaging and communications support to partner organizations. We’re a small team (just two people), which means we’re able to be nimble, responsive, and flexible.